How to remove outgrown products on your nails at home safely
Regarding the COVID-19 breakout, there are so many of us who have to stay at home and struggle with outgrown nails either SNS powder, shellac colour or Acrylic extension …etc…
Firstly, I will share with you all how to remove outgrown products on your nails at home safely.
- Turn your nails over and cut your acrylic nail down by using the clipper’s sides.
- Buff your nails with a nail file to remove the topcoat.
- Get one big bowl and one smaller bowl, place hot water into the big one and acetone into a smaller none.
- Soak your nails in acetone for 10 minutes with a hand towel cover on top to keep the heat.
- Take your nails out and wipe them with a kitchen roll.
- Gently buff with file to remove the acrylic/ shellac colour /SNS powder.
- Repeating steps 4-6 until all the products are removed.
- Shape, buff your nails, make sure there is no sharpness corner, then wash your hands with soap.
- Apply a thin layer of OPI nail strengthener until it dry and apply CND solar oil for cuticles.
My top tips for maintaining a good simple manicure at home to keep your nails, hand skin and cuticles healthy during the lockdown .
- Always keep your nail very short, good shape without any sharpness corner to prevent breaking.
- Using good nail strengthener ( twice a week ) and cuticle oil ( every day at night ) as recommended above. This is the most important step to make sure that your nail is healthy, as the nail strengthener not just giving all the supplements and vitamins that your nails needed, but also works as a waterproof layer on your nail to prevent them from being softened and easily broken by water and all the cleaning chemical
- Giving your cuticles a good push up using your thumb tip in a hot shower twice a week.
- Get yourself a good pair of gloves and keep reminding yourself “ I will not do any housework without my glove “.
- Using hand cream for extra dryness skin as we wash our hand and using sanitizer gel ever so often during this time.